Summer Covid-19 Commitment for Guests
Reservation and Pre-Arrival
- Full payment will be processed 14 days prior to arrival and is non-refundable once processed. If you do need to change or cancel your reservation once payment has been taken please call our reservations team to discuss and we will work to reschedule your stay
- If you have travelled outside of Canada within the 14 days prior to arrival, are experiencing ANY symptoms of COVID-19 or have been in contact with someone that has a confirmed case of COVID-19 we kindly ask that you contact us right away so we can reschedule your visit.
- Each guest will receive communication from the lodge prior to their arrival with information about our check in policies, services and details about the lodge and their stay
- Guests are encouraged to communicate any questions or requests with us prior to arrival to reduce contact between staff and guests during your stay. If there is anything you need during your stay, please feel free to call or email us and we’ll be happy to arrange a contactless transaction.
- Markers have been installed at the front desk to promote social distancing between guests and staff
- A glass protective screen has been installed at Front Desk
- Guest room keys are sanitized between uses
- Staff will communicate our cleaning protocols and advise on the available amenities upon arrival
- No concierge service will be offered for summer 2020
- No housekeeping services will be provided during your stay
- Additional towels and amenities are available on request and staff can arrange a contactless delivery
- From early August onwards, an electrostatic spray of each guest room will be performed 3 hours after each check out and again once housekeeping has completed their cleaning
- Personal Protective Equipment will be worn by all building services staff and changed after use in each guest room
- All single-use items and remnants, even if they seem unused or untouched will be discarded between each guest stay. This includes, but is not limited to, toilet paper, soap, shampoo.
- Sanitation and hand washing stations have been installed in key public areas throughout the property
- Increased frequency of cleaning and disinfecting especially on high touch point areas
- Signage and markers communicating social distancing protocols have been installed in areas of higher traffic
- Single serve tea and coffee facilities are available in the common areas of each lodge
- The saunas will not be available for use during summer 2020
- Separate entry and exits will be used in each restaurant along with signage and floor markings to ensure physical distancing.
- Tables have been placed with adequate spacing between in accordance with the applicable provincial requirements (2 meters). We ask that guest please refrain from moving tables.
- QR code provided for guests to access the menu via smartphones
- A small number of sanitized printed menus are available on request
- Service area at the end of each table will allow for food to be dropped and collected to ensure servers maintain physical distance and avoid leaning over diners
- Increased hygiene protocols for all staff including hand sanitizing between all touch points and increased hand washing
- Increased frequency of cleaning for both the front and back of house
Weddings and Events
- We are happy to be able to offer some modified wedding packages for Summer 2020 for groups of 2-40 guests. Please contact us for details of our COVID-19 safe packages.
- Keys may be left in the room or the key box in the lobby for check out and will be disinfected prior to their next use. You will be emailed a copy of your final bill.
- We have reduced the number of treatments, operating hours and number of staff in our spa to assist us in following the COVID-19 guidelines
- Guests are required to complete a COVID-19 screening form before their treatment. This will be sent to guests approximately 48 hours prior to their treatment
- All spa practitioners and guests are required to wear a mask during their treatments
- The spa facility will be thoroughly disinfected before and after each treatment
Hiking and Canoe rental
- Our hiking trails are open to the public. Guided hikes can be booked (min 7 days advance notice is required)
- All guests that book a guided hike will be required to complete a COVID-19 pre-assessment form before their hike
- Guides and hiking guests will maintain 2 metres distancing at all time
- Although we recommend that every guest bring their own clean kit the guide will carry and provide sanitizer to guests during meals or other rest stops
- It is required that guests do not engage in physical contact unless they are residents of the same household
- Canoe rentals are available from the Tamarack Lodge front desk. Canoe paddles and life jackets will be disinfected by staff after they are returned
As our summer season continues these procedures will be reviewed and updated accordingly.