Island Lake Lodge is a strong supporter of Fernie and various community organizations. It is through our support of local businesses and organizations and our Corporate Giving that we feel we can have a positive effect on our special community.
Goals & objectives
- Foster a supportive relationship with small businesses in the Elk Valley by making it a priority to hire local sub-contractors, consultants and promote other local tourism operators, purchase materials, supplies and products from local vendors and encourage local partnerships whenever possible
- Maintain an open dialogue and a strong relationship with community groups and organizations such as the Fernie Trails Alliance, Tourism Fernie and The Chamber of Commerce
- Partner with organizations and events to provide access to the Island Lake property
- Support the College of the Rockies Mountain Activities Skills Training (MAST) Program by providing staff volunteer time and MAST access to the property to conduct program activities
- Allow access to lands for avalanche awareness and educational programs
- Share all collected snow data with the Canadian Avalanche Association for regional updates on the public avalanche bulletins
- Encourage volunteerism among staff and managers
- Support local community conservation efforts by displaying literature and cooperating with programs and studies from various organizations
Island Lake is committed to strengthening the community where we live and work and is dedicated to addressing community needs through investments that provide meaningful and direct social benefit and align with our business priorities.
Areas of Focus
Preference is given to registered not-for-profit organizations, registered charities and philanthropic endeavors in the Elk Valley.
- Youth – Initiatives focused on learning and the general aid of children
- Community -Opportunities which support the Island Lake brand and local partnerships
- Industry-Requests that support particular tourism and sector objectives
Types of Support
Island Lake will consider the following:
- Cash donations
- In-kind as well as time volunteered by Island Lake employees
- Sponsoring community initiatives and programs that help build relationships with corporate partners and customers.
In order to structure and standardize our approach we exclude the following from our Corporate Giving policy:
- Religious Organizations
- Political Parties, candidates, or issues
- Scholarships for individuals
- Professional fundraisers
- Individual applicants
If you have an Event or Organization that you would like Island Lake to consider supporting, please fill out the form below. Please note that we need 60 days advance notice in order to support events and are dedicated to helping organizations in the Elk Valley.