Learn how we are mitigating COVID-19 risk at the lodge
The health and safety of our guests and staff continues to be our top priority. Our COVID-19 safety procedures follow standards set by the Federal and Provincial Health Authorities.
COVID-19 Information for Guests
Travelling to Island Lake from outside Canada
- If travelling from outside of Canada, be sure to familiarize yourself with the current requirements well in advance of your trip. Information can be found on the Canadian Government Website
In an effort to reduce the risk of COVID-19 transmission, all Island Lake staff and guests are required to be fully vaccinated at least 14 days prior to their arrival date at the lodge. Fully vaccinated refers to having received a primary series of COVID-19 vaccination.
- All guests must complete an online health questionnaire prior to arriving at the Island Lake parking lot.
- Guests who feel unwell while at the lodge are asked to inform the front desk or a staff member and stay in or immediately return to their room for further assessment by our medical team.
- Staff are required to conduct a daily self-health assessment and to stay home if unwell.
- Sanitation and hand washing stations have been installed in key public areas throughout the property.
- Increased frequency of cleaning and disinfecting especially on high touch-point areas
Restaurant and Bar
- Increased hygiene protocols for all staff including hand sanitizing between all touch points and increased hand washing.
- Increased frequency of cleaning and sanitizing for both the front and back of house.
- All clients of the spa must complete a health pre-screening questionnaire as part of their intake form. Guests that pre-book treatments will be asked to complete this form online prior to arrival.
- Therapists and guests may decide to wear a mask during treatments.
- The spa facility will be thoroughly disinfected before and after each treatment.
- Hand sanitizer is available inside the cats and guests are encouraged to frequently sanitize their hands.
- Snowcats are equipped with ventilation systems for frequent air exchange within the cabins.
- Snowcats are cleaned and sanitized at the end of each day and between groups.