Island Lake Lodge in Fernie BC is pleased to offer guided ski touring on our 7000-acres of spectacular land. A great mix of terrain including: alpine bowls, ridges, perfectly gladed trees and spectacular peaks make Island Lake Lodge a superb ski touring destination.
- Depart the Island Lake parking lot at 8:00 am for the lodge.
- Guests will arrive at the Lodge at 8:30 am to meet their guide, have a quick breakfast, sign a waiver, and check equipment.
- The snow cat departs the Lodge at 9:00 am for a lift into the ski terrain.
- Guests will receive safety training once in the ski terrain and prior to skiing.
- Guests ski back to the Lodge and enjoy an après beer.
- At 4:00 pm guests depart the Lodge in a snowcat for the parking lot.
$199 per person
- The guest-to-guide ratio is maximum 6:1. The maximum number of guests that can be accommodated is 12 per day.
- Prior backcountry ski touring experience with a minimum of strong intermediate downhill skiing skills with good fitness and the ability to climb up hill on skis.
- Guests will receive coffee, tea, fruit, and muffins / pastry on arrival at the lodge.
- Guests will be responsible for their food and drink for the duration of the day.
- Guests will receive one Fernie Brewing Company beer on return to the lodge at the end of the day.
- Fully certified IFMGA and / or ACMG ski guide service
- Snowcat ride into private ski terrain
- Group safety equipment (radio, rescue kit, first aid supplies)
- Lunch & snacks
- Personal ski touring boots, skis, skins or splitboard
- Personal avalanche safety equipment (transceiver, shovel, probe). These items are available for rental for $25 + tax.
- Trip cancellation, adventure travel insurance or medical insurance
A non-refundable 25% deposit is due at the time of booking. Final payment is required 14 days prior to your touring date.
For more information on ski touring or to book at trip, contact the Island Lake Reservation Team toll free at 1.888.422.8754 or email at [email protected].