2020/21 Special Winter Cancellation Policy
As the premier cat skiing lodge in British Columbia, Island Lake Lodge understands the importance of putting our guests’ needs first. This will be our 33rd winter and as one of the originals we understand the strong relationship between the Lodge and our valued guests. It is in these times that we remain far-sighted to the next 33 years.
As travellers ourselves, we appreciate current concerns relating to personal health and possible ongoing travel restrictions. We recognize that the travel insurance industry is no longer covering Covid-19 travel interruption.
In light of these issues, Island Lake is implementing a special Booking and Cancellation Policy for the upcoming ski season with the goal of making your commitment as easy, safe and flexible as we can. We believe it to be the most accommodating booking policy in the industry.
Important points to note on our special cancellation policy:
- To secure your reservation, a 25% deposit was required at the time of booking.
- Your final payment will not be processed until the Canadian border opens to land and air travel
While international borders to Canada remain closed by land and air:
- Deposits continue to be 100% refundable until the land and air border to your departure country & Canada re-opens and we reconfirm your booking
- In the meantime, if you have already decided not to travel this winter you can either:
- Transfer your deposit to a new trip for the following season and retain your tour booking priority
- Receive a 100% refund; however, no tour booking priority will be retained for those dates
The 2020/2021 Cancellation Policy:
After the border reopens, we receive final payments and reconfirm your trip then your cancellation options are as follows:
- You may cancel your 2020-21 trip, for any reason, up until seven (7) days prior to the first day of your tour.
- Should you choose to cancel, Island Lake will retain 30% of the package price, and offer a 70% credit for use within the following two (2) seasons based on availability.
- Booking priority on the specific tour dates is not retained.
- Island Lake reserves the right to resell any cancelled seats; without change to the 30% cancellation fee.
- A guest may fill their cancelled seat(s) with friends or family at no charge. In this case, 100% of their payments will be applied to the replacement’s seat.
- If a group requests that we don’t resell a cancelled seat from their group booking the cancellation fee is 60% and a 40% credit will be issued. The seat will remain vacant. Booking Priority to the following season will be retained. *This clause of the cancellation policy is only valid on behalf of the guest if communicated to Island Lake prior to us reselling your seat.
Cancellation Policy within the final week
The safety of our guests and staff is our number one priority. If an incoming guest is sick or exposed to someone with COVID-19, we will ask that they cancel their tour. During the final week (7 days) prior to their arrival date, a guest can cancel only for a COVID-19 related necessity. All the same provisions apply as outlined in the cancellation policy above, including the cancellation fees.
Tour Cancellation related to weather
The only condition for a full 100% credit on a tour cancellation once full payment has been processed is as follows:
- Island Lake Lodge reserves the right to cancel any ski tour up to 48 hours before the start of the tour typically for weather reasons, this policy has not changed. If Island Lake cancels a ski tour, guests will receive credit for 100% of their payments for use within two years of the original tour date.
Trip Cancellation / Interruption
We strongly recommend trip cancellation and interruption insurance. If you require information on this please contact Lifestyle Financial Insurance.
Island Lake Lodge reserves the right to change this special Booking and Cancellation Policy for the 2021-2022 season.
Island Lake recommends that guests come into Fernie a day before the pickup date and ski one day at the Fernie Alpine Resort. It is a fabulous mountain and a good warm up to the Island Lake experience; this would insure that you make the pick-up on time without it posing a problem due to flight or weather delays.
Returning guests will have the opportunity to book their same tour for the following season within 30 days of departure. After this period tours will be available for general booking, please call our office to check availability.
British Columbia Liquor Laws
Due to the specifics of British Columbia Liquor Laws, any alcohol on the premises must be purchased under our liquor license. As a result, any alcohol purchased outside of the lodge may not be brought onto the property. However, we have an extensive and eclectic wine library and serve a full selection of beers and spirits.