2020/21 Special Winter Cancellation Policy
As the premier cat skiing lodge in British Columbia, Island Lake Lodge understands the importance of putting our guests’ needs first. This will be our 33rd winter and as one of the originals we understand the strong relationship between the Lodge and our valued guests. It is in these times that we remain far-sighted to the next 33 years.
As travellers ourselves, we appreciate current concerns relating to personal health and possible ongoing travel restrictions. We recognize that the travel insurance industry is no longer covering Covid-19 travel interruption.
In light of these issues, Island Lake is implementing a special Booking and Cancellation Policy for the upcoming ski season with the goal of making your commitment as easy, safe and flexible as we can. We believe it to be the most accommodating booking policy in the industry.
The important changes to our cancellation policy are as follows:
- Deposits are 100% refundable until September 15th 2020.
- After September 15, guests may continue to cancel but will be charged 30% of the total tour cost.
Deposits for 2020/21 Bookings
- To secure your reservation, a 25% deposit is required at the time of booking.
- However, your deposit is now fully refundable until September 15th, 2020.
Balance of Tour Payment
- The balance of your payment is due September 15th, 2020; regardless of your tour date
- After September 15th payments are non-refundable.
- After September 15th a credit may be issued in conjunction with a deferral or cancellation as outlined below.
New Guest Cancellation Policy
- After September 15, 2020, guests may cancel their 2020-21 trip, for any reason, up until seven (7) days prior to the first day of their tour.
- Should a guest choose to cancel, Island Lake will retain 30% of the package price, and offer a 70% credit for use within the following two seasons based on availability.
- Booking priority on the specific tour dates is not retained.
- Island Lake reserves the right to resell any cancelled seats; without change to the 30% cancellation fee.
- A guest may fill their cancelled seat(s) with friends or family at no charge. In this case, 100% of their payments will be applied to the replacement’s seat.
- If a group requests that we don’t resell a cancelled seat than the cancellation fee is 60% and a 40% credit will be issued. The seat will remain vacant. Booking Priority to the following season will be retained. This clause of the cancellation policy is only valid on behalf of the guest if communicated to Island Lake prior to us reselling your seat.
Cancellation Policy within the final week related to Covid-19
- The safety of our guests and staff is our number one priority. If a booked guest is sick or has been exposed to someone with Covid-19, we will ask that they cancel their tour.
- During the final week prior to their arrival date, a guest can cancel only for a Covid-19 related necessity.
- All the same provisions apply as outlined in the cancellation policy above, including the cancellation fees.
The only conditions for a full 100% credit on a tour cancellation are as follows:
- Island Lake Lodge reserves the right to cancel any ski tour up to 48 hours before the start of the tour typically for weather reasons, this policy has not changed. If Island Lake cancels a ski tour, guests will receive credit for 100% of their payments for use within two years of the original tour date.
- As it relates to Covid-19 guests will receive credit for 100% of their payments for use within two years of the original tour date only under the following situations.
- The provincial Government orders closure of the lodge
- The Canadian/USA border is closed to non-essential travel
- A stay at home order is in place for your registered booking address
Down Days During a Tour
- Although uncommon, weather anomalies beyond the control of Island Lake Lodge can cause down periods. Island Lake Lodge does not provide replacement ski days for down days, or hours, lost due to weather-related problems (e.g. extreme avalanche conditions, unusual rain event, etc).
- We still recommend you purchase Medical Only Travel Insurance, one which specifically covers adventure sports.
- Flight cancellation insurance is available direct from your airline.
- You still have the option to obtain Travel Insurance as well as Trip interruption Insurance.
Island Lake reserves the right to change the policy for the following winter 2021-2022 season.
Island Lake recommends that guests come into Fernie a day before the pickup date and ski one day at the Fernie Alpine Resort. It is a fabulous mountain and a good warm up to the Island Lake experience; this would insure that you make the pick-up on time without it posing a problem due to flight or weather delays.
Returning guests will have the opportunity to book their same tour for the following season within 30 days of departure. After this period tours will be available for general booking, please call our office to check availability.
British Columbia Liquor Laws
Due to the specifics of British Columbia Liquor Laws, any alcohol on the premises must be purchased under our liquor license. As a result, any alcohol purchased outside of the lodge may not be brought onto the property. However, we have an extensive and eclectic wine library and serve a full selection of beers and spirits.