Learn how we are mitigating COVID-19 risk at the lodge
The health and safety of our guests and staff continues to be our top priority. Our COVID-19 safety procedures follow standards set by the Federal and Provincial Health Authorities.
COVID-19 Information for Guests
Travelling to Island Lake from outside Canada
- If travelling from outside of Canada, be sure to familiarize yourself with the current requirements well in advance of your trip. Information can be found on the Canadian Government Website
- All Island Lake Employees are fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
- Guests who feel unwell while at the lodge are asked to inform the front desk or a staff member and stay in or immediately return to their room for further assessment by our medical team.
- Staff will complete a daily self-assessment prior to coming to work and they are required to stay home if unwell.
- Sanitation and hand washing stations have been installed in key public areas throughout the property.
- Increased frequency of cleaning and disinfecting especially on high touch-point areas.
- Single serve tea and coffee facilities are available in the common areas of each lodge
Restaurant and Bar
- Increased hygiene protocols for all staff including hand sanitizing between all touch points and increased hand washing.
- Increased frequency of cleaning and sanitizing for both the front and back of house.
- All clients of the spa must complete a health pre-screening questionnaire as part of their intake form. Guests that pre-book treatments will be asked to complete this form online prior to arrival.
- Therapists and guests are required to wear a mask during treatments.
- The spa facility will be thoroughly disinfected before and after each treatment.
- All guided hiking participants will be asked to complete an online health screening questionnaire within 48 hours of arrival.