Learn how we are mitigating COVID-19 risk at the lodge
We sincerely thank everyone for their patience while we plan for our winter operations. As the global pandemic continues to evolve and change, so too will our procedures. Check back often for more information as we will be updating this page regularly. We do look forward to seeing all our friends, guests and staff soon.
Yours truly, The Island Lake Team
COVID-19 Information for Catskiing Guests
- If you have travelled outside of Canada within the 14 days prior to arrival, are experiencing ANY symptoms of COVID-19 or have been in contact with someone that has a confirmed case of COVID-19 we kindly ask that you contact us right away so we can reschedule your visit.
- Each guest will receive communication from Island Lake prior to their arrival with information about our check in policies, services and details about the lodge and their stay.
- Guests are encouraged to communicate any questions or requests with us prior to arrival to reduce contact between staff and guests during your stay. If there is anything you need during your stay, please feel free to call or email us and we’ll be happy to arrange a contactless transaction.
- Guests will be required to complete a health self-assessment prior to arrival.
- Anyone who is visibly unwell at the lodge will be immediately quarantined and not permitted to participate in any activities until cleared to do so.
- Staff will complete a daily self-assessment prior to coming to work and they are required to stay home if unwell.
- The total number of guests and staff in the lodge will be reduced.
- Guests will be asked to respect a minimum distance of 2 meters apart when not with their family unit or travel cohort.
- Guest arrivals and departures will be staggered.
- Traffic flow will be controlled throughout the lodge complex. Signage and markers communicating physical distancing protocols have been installed in areas of higher traffic.
- The number of guests and staff at any one time will be limited in high congestion areas such as the ski equipment room, guest locker room, retail space and the spa.
- Protective screens have been placed in areas where it is difficult to maintain physical distance such as the Front Desk.
- When physical distancing is not possible, staff and guests will be required to wear face masks.
- No in room housekeeping services will be provided during your stay.
- Additional towels and amenities are available on request and staff can arrange a contactless delivery.
- Guest rooms will be sanitized with an electrostatic sprayer 3 hours after each check out and again once housekeeping has completed their cleaning.
- Personal Protective Equipment will be worn by all housekeeping staff and changed after use in each guest room.
- All single-use items and remnants, even if they seem unused or untouched will be discarded between each guest stay. This includes, but is not limited to, toilet paper, soap, shampoo.
- Sanitation and hand washing stations have been installed in key public areas throughout the property.
- Increased frequency of cleaning and disinfecting especially on high touch point areas.
- The saunas will not be available for use.
Restaurant and Bar
- Separate entry and exits will be used along with signage and floor markings to ensure physical distancing.
- Tables have been placed with adequate spacing between (2 meters) and allow the seating of up to 6 guests in accordance with provincial requirements. We ask that guest please refrain from moving tables.
- Service area at the end of each table will allow for food to be dropped and collected to ensure servers maintain physical distance and avoid leaning over diners.
- Increased hygiene protocols for all staff including hand sanitizing between all touch points and increased hand washing.
- Increased frequency of cleaning for both the front and back of house.
- The number of treatments and number of staff in our spa have been reduced.
- All spa practitioners and guests are required to wear a mask during their treatments.
- The spa facility will be thoroughly disinfected before and after each treatment.
- The maximum number of guests in the snowcat will be reduced to 10.
- A hand sanitizing station will be installed at the entrance to the coach.
- Staff will sit in the front compartment of the cat.
- Guests will be assigned seats in the cat.
- Face masks must be worn at all times when inside the cat.
- Improved air ventilation systems will be installed inside the coach.
- Lunch will be picnic style and eaten outside to allow for safe distancing between guests.
- Snowcats will be sanitized at the end of each day and in between groups on changeover days.