Island Lake Lodge has been called one of the most unique and authentic places to stay in Canada by National Geographic Traveler Magazine. With over 30 years of operations, Island Lake has gained a reputation for providing life changing experiences for both guests and staff alike. From a unique culinary program, to cat-skiing, biking, hiking, full spa and dedicated staff, Island Lake is a gem of the Canadian Rockies.
Building Maintenance Worker
Island Lake Lodge is hiring a building maintenance worker to join our team in the Building Maintenance Department. The successful candidate will have a broad maintenance orientated skillset; solid organizational and time-management skills; possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills, along with active-listening abilities.
- Daily monitoring and maintenance of facility and infrastructure systems
- Ongoing preventative and routine maintenance of buildings; interior, exterior and furnishings (building checks, woodworking, repairs, plumbing, staining and sanding…)
- Executing planned projects and seasonal upgrades
- Supports Operations with: vehicle checks, shuttles, pickups and deliveries, firewood, wedding setup/teardown and other duties as required
- Snow Removal (ie. Decks, entry/exits…)
- Work with other departments as needed
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Carpentry/construction, plumbing, electrical and drywalling experience an asset
- Understanding general hotel/lodge utility systems
- Must be a self-starter with a strong work ethic
- Must be physically fit and able to do heavy lifting
- Current BC driver’s license (class 4 preferred)
- Enjoy being in the mountains in all weather conditions
- Willingness to work weekends
- A current First Aid certificate is an asset
Why work at Island Lake Lodge?
- Competitive wages
- Generous Gratuity compensation
- 20% Staff discounts on food, drinks, and merchandise
- Product deals and discounts from our amazing partners
- Extended Health Benefits package available to all permanent employees
- Health spending account for seasonal employees for: paramedical expenses, dentist, eyeglasses etc.
- Complimentary staff meals